Welfare In College
In an emergency, dial 999
MCR Welfare Team
- Welfare Officer
- David Vogelsang
- Women's Officer
- Beatrice Balfour
- LGBT Rep
- Sam Mazzarella
A variety of issues fall into the category of 'welfare': finance, health, disability, child care, academic problems, sexual harassment, racism, safety, accommodation, parking your car, personal problems, overseas students, career decisions and grants. The MCR Welfare Officer is responsible for helping out graduates with these issues. Their main role is to act as a representative for Emmanuel graduates in college matters such as accommodation and safety, but they are also the person to contact if you need advice on how to approach the University about welfare issues. The Welfare Officer receives information from CUSU (the Cambridge University Students' Union), the Graduate Union and the NUS (National Union of Students), and is present at meetings where Cambridge Students' welfare is on the agenda.
The MCR Women's Officer is responsible for the well-being of all individuals in the MCR,
providing support and information about an array of personal issues, but with a
particular focus on those issues concerning our graduate women. The Women's
Officer provides our anonymous pregnancy test service,
attends fortnightly Women's Council meetings (refer to
- Ann Hughes
- 01223 330491
- Drop-In Hours
- Mondays 4.00pm - 5.00pm, Fridays 1.00pm - 2.00pm
- To make an appointment you can sign up by email or on the sheet outside Room 11, 55 St. Andrew's Street (above the computer room).
College Nurse: Diana Lloyd
All graduates must register with a doctor in Cambridge. However, for minor health problems, the college has a sick bay located at the base of E Staircase.
- Diana Lloyd
- Sick Bay, between Front Court and New Court
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 10.45 - 11.45 am; 6 - 7 pm; visits and appointments only in the evenings
- Thursday: 10.30 am - 12.30 pm
- Saturdays: 11.00 am - 12 noon; on call 6 - 6.30 pm
- Sundays: 9.30 - 10 am; 8 - 8.30pm;
- Sundays: on call only all day
Jeremy Caddick - Tutor for surnames A - K
- Jeremy Caddick is also the College Dean
Dr John Maclennan - Tutor for surnames L - Z[top]
Tutor for Women
- Susan Rankin
- 01223 (3)34206
College Tutorial Office
For everyday queries and problems about college and academic matters, the tutorial office at the bottom of B staircase should be your first port of call. They are open from 10 am - 12 pm and 2 - 4 pm. The tutorial secretary responsible for graduates is Ann Shannon (email@example.com).
Sources of information
- Welfare Box in the MCR - has leaflets about various topics of interest and a supply of free condoms and pregnancy tests.
- Welfare Rack in the Old JCR - has leaflets about various topics of interest and a supply of free condoms and pregnancy tests.
- Welfare Officer and College counsellor - both have information about support groups and are here to listen and provide support.
- College Tutors - can provide support and advice regarding financial, academic and other problems that students may face.
- Pregnancy tests can be requested by clicking here.